Trinity Point Marina
Protecting and enhancing the local environment
The marina seeks to ensure that it can contribute to a high quality of life by protecting and enhancing the environment and by supporting the concept of environmentally sustainable practices. The marina provides valuable support to recreational boating and 'working harbour' by repairing and maintaining vessels, providing fuel and other services to the boating community. lt prides itself in fostering a positive relationship with local residents and other industry providers.
By environmentally reviewing our site each year and engaging the services of an appropriate external consultant, the marina will ensure that all its environmental priorities are included in the decisions regarding its services and will:
- eliminate the unnecessary use of energy by introducing best industry site-specific practices where possible and ensuring any current practices to reduce usage are relevant
- avoid waste and encourage the conservation, reuse and appropriate recycling of resources
- promote the use of vessel pump-out facility for management of sewage and grey water and improved quality of our waterways
- reduce air, land and water pollution in a process of continuous improvement through daily and weekly monitoring by boatyard operators and the Marina Manager, as well as the annual review mentioned above; this will be achieved through containment of run-off from any work undertaken on the boatyard, use of appropriate controls to reduce any emissions into the air, adherence to working hours to ensure minimisation of impact of any noise on adjoining properties
- apply principles of risk management in order to pre-empt, rather than respond to, environmental problems and always apply the 'precautionary principle'; this will be achieved through the implementation of a site-specific preventive maintenance schedule and environmental management system (plan)
- promote understanding and participation in environmental issues through education, information provision and consultation with employees, contractors, members, customers, local residents and the community generally
- review all its environmental practices annually
- work with industry and other stakeholders at a local level to encourage good environmental practices.